Join us for the opportunity to inspire thousands of teens and young adults. Use your skill set – acting, set design, painting, carpentry, practical skills, organizational skills, investing in people – in a creative, interactive way in Global Experience at TeenStreet Germany, July 27 August 8, 2020. Through serving with Global Experience you can play a key part in motivating teens and young adults to participate in missions.
Team and cast needs are varied. Several roles are needed immediately for the project design phase. Roles and responsibilities are:
- Artistic lead: Oversees all creative aspects of the experience including set design, sound, lighting, costumes & make-up, look and feel (including for printed materials), etc. Will be asked to calculate budget for artistic side of project. Needed from story creation (may be part of story creation) to set up week.
- Set designer: Able to take a story and design it into a 3D set, including layout, look and feel, props required, etc. Works in collaboration with story, construction and operations teams to create the design and is responsible for deciding on/sourcing necessary decorations, props and materials as well as creating a plan/timeline for installation onsite. Will be asked to calculate budget for related items during planning phase. Needed from story creation (may be part of story creation) to set up week.
- Set decorator/dresser: Decorates the experience set according to the vision of the story team, artistic lead and set designer. Needed 1-3 weeks, from end of July - beginning of August.
- Carpenters: Needs a range of carpentry skills from basic construction (e.g., setting up walls of experience) to smaller jobs (e.g., fabricating props for set), according to the vision of the story team, artistic lead and set designer. Needed from spring 2020 to end of July - beginning of August.
- Lighting specialists: Works with Artistic Lead and Set Designer to determine lighting for set. Responsible for sourcing and installing required items. Needed from spring 2020 to end of July - beginning of August.
- Costume designer and creator: Works with Artistic Lead to design costumes. Responsible for making/sourcing required items. May be asked to help with other sewing-specific tasks. Needed from March 2020 to early August.
- Make-up artist: Designs look for each actor, sources make-up and applies/teaches actors how to apply make-up. Needed from April 2020 to early August.
Start date: As soon as possible
Commitment length: 6-12 months
Full/parttime: Part Time
Categories: TeenStreet, Global Experience, Kids, Youth and Students